This training course if an opportunity to learn more about major Data Protection Concept which are essential for the CIPP/E exam. Even though it is not a mock exam per se, this training course if tailed to professional wanting to receive an official certification, and to those wanting to deepen their knowledge in Data Protection. The training course and exam will be built on the same body of knowledge.
1. Introduction to European Laws regarding Personal Data
2. European Regulatory Authorities
3. Legislative Framework
4. Compliance according to legislative framework and European framework regarding Data Protecton
5. International Data Transfer
Module 1: “Laws” on Data Protection
• National Initiatives in Data Protection
• Technological Evolutions and the necessary legal framework implemented by European Law
• European Regulation Tools
Module 2: GDPR: key definitions and concepts
• Data categories and specific Data
• Data processing, automatised processing and the definition of people affected by this processing
• Principles Personal Data protection
Module 3: Data Processing managers and outsourced staff
• Privacy by design and by default
• Formalize relations
• Proof and certifications
• Labels and agreements management
Module 4: Personal Data processing
• Principles related to Data processing and the legal base of processing.
• End goal and limitations
• Consent requirements
Module 5: Rights of data subjects
• Existing rights and new rights brought forth by GDPR for the protection of people affected by this processing.
• New jurisdictional rights, features of the information delivered to people.
Module 6: Data Transfers outside the EU
• The Prohibition Principle and exceptions (adequate countries and suitable measures)
Module 7: Compliance control
• Role and powers of Control Authority
• Composition and mission of the EDPS
Module 8: Security measures to control data
• Security Duties and Obligations of Data Processing managers and outsourced staff.
• Main features of Security, requirements and Data Breach management.
Module 9: Compliance
The actions to undertake for your company to comply with national particularities, how to get proof that the rules have been followed, how to comply with new governance rules, and all the compliance tools you need.
· Jurist-oriented professionals
· Marketing and Human resources managers
IAPP’s CIPP/E training and certification offerings include the following:
- 14-hour live training, online with a trainer
- Quiz to prepare the CDPO certification by the IAPP (recognized by the CNIL)
- “Voucher” you can use to take the CDPO certification in a Pearson VUE center
- Training manual
- 1 year membership to the IAPP