This training course is an opportunity to learn more about major Data Protection concepts that are essential for the CIPT exam. Although it is not a mock exam per se, this training course is tailored to professionals who want to receive an official certification, and to those wanting to deepen their knowledge in Data Protection. The training course and exam will be built on the same body of knowledge.
Video presentation of the training course
*Sessions can be arranged upon requestCONTACT US
1. To master critical concepts and practices in relation with ICT Data Protection
2. How to Answer consumers’ Data Protection expectations.
3. How to Integrate Privacy Protection in the conception of products and technology services to control costs, accuracy and speed at which they will be available on the market
4. How to Build protection practices regarding data collection and transfer
5. How to Foresee Data Protection problems in IOT.
6. How to take into account Data Protection in data classification and new technologies
7. How to communicate on data protection questions with partners such as the board of directors, development, marketing and judicial teams.
Module 1: Foundational principles of privacy in technology
Summarizes the foundational elements for embedding privacy in technology through privacy by design and value-sensitive design; reviews the data life cycle and common privacy risk models and frameworks.
Module 2: The role of the technology professional in privacy
Reviews the fundamentals of privacy as they relate to the privacy technologist; describes the privacy technologist’s role in ensuring compliance with privacy requirements and meeting stakeholder privacy expectations; explores the relationship between privacy and security.
Module 3: Privacy threats and violations
Identifies inherent risks throughout the stages of the data life cycle and explores how software security helps mitigate privacy threats; examines the impacts that behavioral advertising, cyberbullying and social engineering have on privacy within the technological environment.
Module 4: Technical measures and privacy-enhancing technologies
Outlines the strategies and techniques for enhancing privacy throughout the data life cycle, including: identity and access management; authentication, encryption, and aggregation; collection and use of personal information.
Module 5: Privacy engineering
Explores the role of privacy engineering within an organization, including the objectives of privacy engineering, privacy design patterns, and software privacy risks.
Module 6: Privacy-by-design methodology
Illustrates the process and methodology of the privacy-by-design model; explores practices to ensure ongoing vigilance when implementing privacy by design.
Module 7 : Technology challenges for privacy
Examines the unique challenges that come from online privacy issues, including automated decision making, tracking and surveillance technologies, anthropomorphism, ubiquitous computing and mobile social computing.
· Data Protection Officer (DPO)
· IOT Manager
· Document manager
· System developer
· Security and IT specialist
· Any person building and developing IT systems.
Have the edge
IAPP’s CIPT training and certification offerings include the following:
- 14-hour live training, online with a trainer
- Quiz to prepare the CIPT certification by the IAPP
- “Voucher” you can use to take the CIPT certification in a Pearson VUE center
- Participant guide
- 1 year membership to the IAPP